Sunday, April 12, 2020

New Roof

I remember back in high school my brother and I got hired by a friend to assist them in replacing a roof. We were getting paid $10 an hour. We helped teared it off. Shingles, staples and all. Then after that we went around the house bagging up the shingles around the house while they place new tiles on.

My brother hated that part and decided to quit and walk all the way back home (a couple of miles) It was funny because when they asked me where it was it'd been an hour before anyone noticed he was missing. I stayed and finished the job but I don't know if my brother got paid or not.

Anyway, as a kid I remember thinking "Man, it's expensive to replace a roof!"

Fast forward about 25+ years later and here I am paying people to re-roof my house. Brought back a lot of memories watching them work. And instead of bagging shingles, they brought a bin to throw them in....smart. Wish we'd thought of that back in the day.

Now I have a new roof and just in time...it rained today.

One cool thing (you can see in the picture) is they use old cushion padding to have something soft to sit on. Smart. Again, something I wish we thought of back in the day. The roof isn't the most comfortable place to work on.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts of the weekend.

No comments: