Friday, April 17, 2020

Every Picture Tells a Story (18)

I took karate in college. I was the only guy in the class. So the teacher (who coached the college karate team at the time) offered to let me train with them instead. (since hitting a girl wasn't really a confidence builder for me)

So here's my streen bean self posing with the rest of the class after they'd won the state championship. Funny thing was that same day the newspaper was there taking photos for a piece they were doing on the championship team.

Toe (the kid on the far left) and I decided to pose with the trophy for a picture I wanted to take. We each had a hand on the trophy and our fist out towards each other. What I didn't know is that the newspaper loved the pose and took a picture themselves. That picture ended up headlining the article.

A guy, who wasn't on the team....holding their hard fought trophy. Yeah, that didn't go over very well with the team (or so I heard) the semester had ended the next week so I never got to talk to them about it. All I know is that picture would led me into a "fight club" invitation a few years later. But that's a whole other story!

Have a good weekend folks!

No comments: