Tuesday, March 10, 2015

SCTV: Bob & Doug McKenzie



Back when Comedy Central had first started up as a channel, it didn't have original content to torment us with. (Sharkopus anyone?) So it played re-runs of an old show that got it's start before SNL.

SCTV had some of the best skits and characters I've ever seen and it's still hilarious today!

Check out this clip from one of my favorites The McKenzie Brothers. If that guy on the left looks familiar, he should. It's Rick Moranis of Honey I Shrunk the Kids fame!

The McKenzie Brothers got so popular they even made a movie about them. Strange Brew. A GREAT comedy that I watch every so often and never get tired of. They also came out with an album I listen to on CD every year.

These guys are funny and here's just one example of what I'm talking about. Feel free to check out more on YouTube if you're so inclined!

No comments: