Thursday, March 05, 2015

Mall Memories

Today I wanted to reminisce on some old Stores I visited from my mall rat days...
 Remember the old Toy R Us store front? Jeffery the Giraffe was their mascot. Kinda weird why'd they'd pick that kind of animal to represent their store but I don't see him on the logo's today. And last Xmas when I took my nephews their to pick out their presents I didn't see the mascot anywhere.

Guess he's a figure of the past now.
 Suncoast Video is where EVERYONE went to get their movies. I remember pre-ordering a few here myself back in the day. The also had every kind of older movie on DVD you could ever want! It was the Blockbuster of movie retailers.

Surprisingly I read there are still some around though I've never seen any since college.
 B Dalton holds a special memory in my heart. It's the place where I purchased my first Star Wars book! I bought all 3 Timothy Zahn books from here... and the rest is history!
I'd almost forgotten about these stores until studying for this post! I don't know if any are open today but back when I was a kid we always loved going in here. One because the store front had the barn look that made it stand out from other stores in the mall and two because they used to hand out free samples of cheese and meats. (which every hungry kid was grateful for)

Again, I know the brand still exist but the stores may be a thing of the past.

No comments: