Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Results

Wow. First off let me thank everyone who voted. What a turn out!! But remember, this is just what you (the fans) voted for. In no way is this meant to reflect who'll win tonight. Though I'll give you my picks afterwards.

1) Best Young Troupe Production
Back to the 80's
This KILLED in the polls and I expect it'll win tonight as well. I mean, did any main stage members even SEE the others shows??

2) Best Play/Musical
Curtains. BARELY! In reality tonight I think OK will win, sadly a show like Curtains has been long forgotten by the fans.

3) Best Leading Actor in a Musical
Bray Wilkins. I agree, tonight little bro will take home a shiny little head as well.

4) Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical
Taylor Nelson. This one's tough. I can see it going to Taylor, but will Amy win tonight instead?? Ooooohhh.... I'll pick Taylor on this one, but it's close!

5) Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play
Wendy Ryland. She killed it in the fan poll and... yes, I think she'll pick up the member's vote tonight as well.

6) Best Performance by a Feevatured Actor in a Musical
CeJay Geautreaux. He killed in the fans polls and will be the winner tonight as well... I think. : )

7) Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical
Caleb Wilkins. This one was close in the fan poll and to be honest, it's too close to call tonight. It may even be a draw but if I had to pick A winner... Nathaniel Medlin all the way.

8) Best Performance by a Featured Actor/Actress in a Musical
Dana Otero. This one was close too. (and oddly received more votes than any other category?) and though Dana did a great job, this is the "Elizabeth Bennett" award of the night. She's never lost yet and I don't see that streak breaking tonight.

9) Best Performance by a Featured Actor/Actress in a Play
Gayle Frick. Clean sweep in the Fans poll AND tonight as well I believe.

10) Best Costume Design
Amy Medlin. The same will be true tonight.

11) Best Scenic Design
Joseph J Egan. Again, true tonight.

12) Best Lead Actress in a Little Theatre Show
Wendy Ryland. Not on the card for tonight but it'd be nice to see who'd win if it was!

13) Best Lead Actor in a Little Theatre Show
Alex Matherne, Who beat out his brother by ONE vote! That's how close it was!!

14) Best Supporting Actor for a Little Theatre Show
Beaux Coleman KILLED it in the votes! His "slow motion" antics in Back to the 80's still crack me up today!

15) Best Supporting Actress for a Little Theatre Show
Hannah Matherne wins this one easy in the Fans Poll. Congrats ma'am!

16) Biggest Snub for a Nomination
Alex Matherne. Killed it. In fact, when taking this poll people were shocked he wasn't nominated at all for his role in Oz. Tony on the other hand seems to have been forgotten altogether. Sorry my friend, but you have my sympathies. You should have gotten a nomination as well!

17) Director of the Year
Jon Baccarini. Why isn't this on the ballot for tonight anyway?!

18) Best Dinner Theatre Show
Trouble at the Tropicana. Killed it. It was a good show, so many people want Steve to bring it back too. I'm thinking about writing a sequel but I can't seem to make the time to sit down and TYPE!!

Ok folks, that's all for now. I hope to see you at the Christopher's tonight. Good luck to all the nominees!!

I'll see you then!

3 comments:

kidcardco said...

Need to change my pick from Nano to Caleb. I just noticed it doesn't list the character you played on the ballot, meaning they'll only look at the name and that mean Caleb will take it home...but as always I could be wrong!

Taylor said...

Is anyone else disappointed we didn't get the shiny heads... I've been anxiously awaiting the day I won a Christopher in the hopes of getting that creepy little head.

T-Money said...

Just goes to show, no one remembers the Beast.