Monday, August 01, 2011

Babylon 5 review



So last week I finished watching the entire Babylon 5 series and it's spinoff show Crusade and I'm ready to give me opinion.

Overall I give it a 3 out of 5 stars. Meaning, it was worth my time watching once but I don't think I'll watch it again. The story had it's ups and downs as far as writing is concerned and though the creator (and writer) of the series J Michael Straczynski, who is one of my favorite writers today but this was when he was in his learning faze.

Moments of brilliance sprinkled around a bland sandwhich but worth your time if you like science fiction.

I've been wanting to watch this series for quite sometime due to the fact that Straczynski wrote out the complete five seasons all from the very beginning! Like I said, there were some great moments in the show, but not enough to make it brilliant. I'm sure even he would admit to that.

Overall it was worth my time and I'm glad I watched it. Up next? Battlestar Gallactica!

No comments: