Friday, October 01, 2010

Star Wars in 3-D



Yeah, yeah, I heard the news. You can stop texting and emailing me now.

So Lucas has decided once again to cash in on his movies by offering them in 3-D, wasn't it last year we all heard him talk about how 3-D had been done before and that the future of movie cinema would not be so impacted by this re-furbished phenomenon?

Well, in his own words, after seeing Avatar he decided Star Wars was ready for a 3-D treatment. (How I despise you George) But more interesting than this further debauchery of my favorite films(that's right folks I used the word "debauchery")I'm surprised to see so many folks agreeing with me that Lucas has gone too far.

What's this?? A Rebellion stirring against Emperor Lucas himself?? SIGN ME UP!!

So the question everyone's been asking me "Will [I] watch them?" .............. sigh..... yes I suppose so. But only because I can never turn down seeing the SW films on the big screen. There's something so special about going to those screenings. I've NEVER had a better time at the movies than when I was seeing those films.

The excitement and energy of the crowd really did make it memorable. The other question I got from two of you is that you wanted to know if you could watch it with me..... um, sure. But don't expect me to be dressing up nerdy of swinging a lightsaber while in the theater..... I did that back in '97

Have a good weekend folks!

No comments: