Friday, October 08, 2010

Another new Weezer album?!



Anyone getting the new Weezer album, out November 2nd of THIS YEAR!?

Yes, they just had one come out last month so what gives? Well, supposedly this album is chalked full of tracks that got tossed from their last 2 albums. Now when I hear this it makes me kinda mad.

1) There was only 10 track on both albums (15 if you count the deluxe editions) PLENTY of room to put extra tracks of music out there for the fans. Why wait and release them separately? Are you really that greedy?

2) Weezer has released an album out every year ever since "Red" came out. Which leaves me to believe that the past 2 albums since (Ratitude and Hurley) have been nothing but leftover junk from the Red album with 2 or 3 new songs thrown in.

Now with the release of this, I'm almost certain of it.

Did you know a guy has offered the band 10 million to break up?? Upon hearing the release of this new album, I'm almost willing to pitch in...

PS- Yes, I'm a sucker and will end up buying this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, this "new" album coming out in November has been in the works for quite a while. It's full of tracks that didn't quite make the cut off ALL their albums (all 7), not just the last two. So it's not exactly related to the last couple years of work.

But I still agree with you on most of this. They've stopped actually trying to craft quality songs, and are going for quantity, which means that most of their stuff since Pinkerton pretty much blows.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

I also noticed this SUCKY BLOGSPOT didn't capture the image I posted! I'll try to upload it again later this weekend for those of you who were wondering what the cover looked like