Friday, June 18, 2010

A night at the Christopher's!

Ok, so it's not the Tony's but it's as close as you get here in Monroe, La. The Christopher's are tomorrow night at the Strauss theatre and even though I'm not nominated for a single thing Megan and I have been asked to present an award. I was even asked to accept an award in the event Troy Wold wins. (which he will) So it's going to be a fun night for all!

My only question this year is about the ballot. Rumor has reached my royal ear that "Best Young Troupe Show" is on the main stage ballot. Why? Most members of Main Stage don't even have memberships to Young Troupe so I'm confused as to why such a question would appear on the ballot?

The other one is the "Newcomer" award. I think it's a great idea but why wasn't that around when I was doing theatre for the first time?? Oh well, good luck to all the nominees and I'll see you tomorrow on the red carpet!

Have a great weekend folks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should have a "we screwed up" award and give it to meeee!

-Toby!

kidcardco said...

NO, better yet, how bout a "They really deserved it but the members were so old they forgot what the show was about" award.

T-Money said...

I might have won a few more awards if that last one were done.