Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Have you seen these toys? (Part 1)

Last week my brother Bray got back in from a competition in Birmingham. While up, he visited our Grandmother and found some of our old toys we had left there years ago. He brought some of them back to Jeremy and I.

Since then we have embarked on a journey to discover recall all of our toys of the past. There have been many "AH-HA" moments and I wanted to share some of them with you. Some of the following toys you may have had as a child, some maybe not. But it should be fun to see how many memories I can trigger from you by talking about them.

Of course the first one listed above was Smurfs. You all had some I'm sure. I believe they still make them to this day! I walked into a store last year that had them for sale in those divided plastic bins that I remember as a child. Amazing!
Battle Beast. Not really one I played with as a kid but I do know my younger brothers did.
Captain Power. Remember this guy? Super cheesy but advertised to make you think he could do anything. If I remember right there was a game you could play using his "Power Station" and watching his show on TV. I'm sketchy on the details but even then I thought he was corny.
Back when Chuck Norris was only 40 something, he had his own cartoon and toy line. Not really sure if we had any of these either I just remember the kids on our street had some.
I'll be back tomorrow with more!

No comments: