Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sci-Fi Flicks... part 2!!

Now it's time to discuss the "not so famous" sci-fi movies you may not have heard of. Like Blade Runner. Yes, that's Harrison Ford... being cool... hunting cyborgs... good stuff. Best line? "...all lost... like tears... in the rain...." (I think I'm going to cry!)

Plus if anyone saw the re-release of it on DVD you know they ended the age old question of whether Deckard is a cyborg as well!
Equilibrium. Before he made "The Dark Knight" Mr Bale made this masterpiece first. Never heard of it? I wouldn't be surprised. Not really that well known the movie will blow you away. Best scene? The gun "fight".... those of you who have seen it know what I mean.
Ahhh.... here we go. Screamers. Fantastic film. They actually came out with a sequel this year that went straight to DVD and, though it was predictable wasn't too bad. 

I guess after you see the shocking ending of this movie, any that follow are doomed to be predictable. It seriously is a great movie folks, if you have the time... it's worth it. Best Line? "Can I come with you?" 
And now... the bestest of the best... TREMORS!!! Megan and I recently watched all 4 movies along with the TV series to this and I have to say it's still one the greats! Let's break it down:

Tremors 1- Great.
Tremors 2- Best of the series (even without Kevin Bacon)
Tremors 3- Good.
Tremors 4- Sucked. Bad. (kinda embarrassing) 
Tremors TV Series- Just as good as the 3rd movie and right under the 1st

And guess what's in production talks right now? 
TREMORS 5: The Thunder from Down Under

Not much has been said about it yet, but Michael Gross is of course coming back to resprise is "should-be" Oscar winning performance of th character Bert Gummer. BUT there's also been a rumor since the number "5" may not be in the title that Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward would come back as well!! Who knows? Either way.... I'm excited!

Ok folks, that's all for now. Tootles! 

6 comments:

ArmyWifeLane said...

man now i REALLY want to watch treamers again!!!

Anonymous said...

The new 5 disc Blu Ray Blade Runner collection Kicks Butt!!!
And Tremors IS the best.
How about more lesser known/underrated sci-fi titles:
Cube
Primer
Gattaca
Enemy Mine

kidcardco said...

Cube SHOULD have been on there!!! ARGH!! I forgot about it! Gattaca was good as well. The other two I never saw. I'll have to check them out.

Isaiah Eyre said...

The best part about Equilibrium is when Christian Bale, like a homeschooler who doesn't know what a cuss word is; says, "Damn you! DAMN you!" to the refugees.

Kimber said...

I LOVE TREMORS!!!!!!!!!!!
and yes. equilibrium = goodness.

Unknown said...

Hello Mr. Wilkins, a few things I've noticed with these Sci-fi picks.
1. Blade Runner is highly overrated.
2. No Dune?
I just got done reading the book, and am kinda hooked on the flick. papa George lifted more than a few things from Dune for Star Wars. Plus it's incredibly relevant to our current socio-economical climate.

Dark City should also be on that list, that movie rokks like dokken.

Primer is a bit of a mind bender.

I just saw Equilibrium a few months ago for the first time, very cool GunFu.