Monday, April 20, 2009

Best Comedies?

This one's going to be hard.... and actually.... I'm going to need 2 days to touch on A FEW movies I think are comedic classics. I WILL NOT be able to name them all. (that would take weeks) But here's a few we can all agree on I think....X-mas Vacation is one. Right?
Airplane would also be another great one as well. I'm actually starting with older movies and tomorrow I'll post a few "newer" ones.

Dirty Rotten Scroundrels will always be up on my favs of all time. Steve Martin was really at his best in this flick. The trident/eye-patch scene is SO classic!!
And in 3 Amigos, Steve does it again, but this time with the help of Chevy and Mr Short! (the "buttercup" song may be the best part of the movie)

And to round it off, Monty Python's Holy Grail is without a doubt the most quotable of all comedies. Yet really it's funnier to quote the movie than watch it. Isn't that odd?!

K folks, that's all for now. Part two's coming tomorrow!

3 comments:

Isaiah Eyre said...

Too many of those have Chevy Chase.

pard1959 said...

Groundhog Day, Dumb and Dumber, No Time For Sargeants, A Fish Called Wanda, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, My Cousin Vinny, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Tommy Boy...just to name a few of my favorites. I could watch any of the aforementioned movies daily and not grow weary of them.

kidcardco said...

Groundhog Day I should have put on the list. You're right about that one. Ferris and Vinny are good too. A Fish Called Wanda ALMOST made the list but it's been a while since I'd seen it so I wasn't sure about it.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles has the imfamous "two pillows" line that I still quote from time to time and Tommy Boy IS indeed funny.

See what I mean though?! There are so many good ones it's hard to pin down just a few!