Monday, April 13, 2009

Mafia Movies!

In the realm of Mafia Movies this one is legendary. None match the Godfather movies. 1,2 and 3. They were all good in my opinion. This "made" the template for all mafia movies to come.
Say hello to my little friend. Scarface truly has it all. The city slum to crime lord story is known to many and is another classic.
As is Goodfellas. Once again showing you that it ain't a mafia movie unless is have either Pacino or Deniro attached to it.
Who can forget the Untouchables?! Mafia movies to me in general are almost always a hit. Failures are few and far between. I could go on and on, but these are the heavy hitters to be sure. 

Hmmmm.... and maybe I'd add Donnie Brasco to the list when I think about it. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Departed is a newer classic.

-Melton

Toby-O said...

I agree that Donnie Brasco should be on the list! How about: Road to Perdition, Pulp Fiction & Carlito's Way?

kidcardco said...

Road to Perdition I don't remember well, Pulp Fiction was good but Mafia? Mmmmmm... more like a gang huh? Carlito's Way. I agree. Good flick.