Friday, April 06, 2007

FF.. well you know...


So now that summer is right around the corner it’s time for a little fun fact about “brain freezes”

On a hot day when you eat a snow cone, the cold crushed ice that touches the top of your mouth initiates a nerve reaction that swells blood vessels in your head. The nerve center on the roof of your mouth overreacts to the cold temperature of the snow cone and tries to heat your brain. This swelling of blood vessels is what causes an ice cream headache, or what is more commonly known as "brain freeze".

Good news about next week, I should have some play practice photos to show you by then. But for now, have a great Easter weekend folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. Green apple slushies are calling me... Can you hear them? I'm coming, Sonic! I'm coming!

Anonymous said...

Ever since I was a kid, every time I hear the term "Brain freeze" I think of that episode of Pete and Pete where they were playing baseball and every one on their team fell victim to a nasty brain freeze, due to Mr Tasty's orange slushies.
Don't really know why. But that's what it makes me think of.