Friday, September 22, 2006

Talk time again?



So since my last written blog was so popular I've decided to do it again. (at least until I run out of things to talk about)

Some of the questions I've been getting lately is about the comic books so I'll take some time to answer of few of those now.

I started drawing comics in 1993 when my favorite comic book shop "Cardco" went out of business. (Oct 31,1993) There were 3 of us at the time (Jeremy Patrick and I) and we each decided to draw our own comic book "in rememberence" of the store. Jeremy's 3 part series only went 2 issues before he just decided to drop the idea completely and Patrick didn't even make it past his first one since his dog died while he was drawing it and accordingly told us he had "lost the heart" to draw at that time.

Which left me. I did a 13 issue series leading in with "inside" jokes between the 3 of us since (let's be honest) my drawings suck. However thanks to the humor it provided people read them and pretty soon I was doing another and another and another. The circle of readers got bigger and would change over time. And every time I thought to myself "This is it. The last comic book I'll ever make." Another person would request one more.

To date, I've drawn over 400 comics (and counting) it's become a pretty cool hobby to have. But of course they all have "Inside" jokes attached to them so only one crowd would find it funny, while all the others would wonder why it's so funny to laugh at a guy who would move to Canada for woman. (inside joke there folks)

But since starting the blog I've really had fun doing this. Some comics are popular, some are not and you always seem to post your opinion either way and I'm thankful for it. But now it's time to go and finish off the rest of this week, so until then......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes and I love the inside jokes. Now am I gonna get one for my birthday (Hint hint October 28)

-Your stalker

Anonymous said...

Hey, I still have my half of a comic, uninked. Remind me and I'll give it to you next time I'm in town. It brings back a lot of memories. Remember how we used to burn a candle outside of the store on the anniversary of the closing? I wonder what the folks in the Heavenly Ham thought we were doing.

kidcardco said...

HEEEEYYY!!!

What do you mean we "USED" to burn candles? Don't you still do it?!?

Patrick, that comic book was AWESOME. I still remember some of the scenes. (Waldo in the middle of a picture in front of Cardco)

CLASSIC!!! Yes, I'd love to see that book again! Man, it brings back good times! E-mail me your new number so we can chat. I don't have it since you moved.

kidcardco said...

PS- Yes, Oct 28.... I haven't forgotten.

Anonymous said...

albus puer

Anonymous said...

What can I say, brother? I've missed you man! I know we haven't talked for way too long but I still follow your blog on a regular basis.

And I still have women for you up here in Canada! Lovin' the inside jokes!

Can you email me your current phone number? I will be able to call your great country for free soon and then we can catch up more often.

Also, feel free to come up and visit anytime...I still plan to do another trip to Funroe (i love that) but the whole family thing sure does get in the way (i joke).

You're my boy, Blue! You're my boy.
Jad

P.S. long live CWSC!

jon said...

Man, that's a nice looking fence!

Anonymous said...

You need to inverse the right hand. Then you have pimped your initials.

Without me its just SOME

AWE