Monday, October 31, 2005

Cardco Anniversary


It was on this date Oct 31, 1993 that my favorite card and comic book shop "Cardco" closed down.

The store meant so much to me as a kid that once it closed I announced that I would be drawing a comic book in honor of it's departure.

I remember sitting there up in my room writing the first one and thinking "Am I even going to be able to finish this?!"

Well, 12 years and almost 400 comic books later I guess the answer was "Yes."

It never ceases to amaze me how much people enjoy these books. (or strips) In a way, it's kinda cool how the name "Cardco" is now remembered as a "Matt Wilkins Comic Book" instead of that little old shop I used to go to every weekend on my bike as a kid.

I'm glad it's brought enjoyment to you all and I hope it does it even more in the year to come. Have a great day folks and we'll see you tomorrow with another new strip!

No comments: