Thursday, May 25, 2023

Survivor 44 Review


 Well....I guess.

Jam jam, was funny but I don't think deserving to win. 

It was nice in some way that everyone was very civil and respectful during tribal council and they knew it was "just a game" but I do miss the hurt feelings of betrayal the show used to carry. 

The season as a whole was "meh". Carolyn was insane but entertaining. But once again, no one stood out from this season. Jeff Probst kept begging people to apply to be on which makes me wonder if less people are applying for the show these days. 

I HATE that they don't do a reunion show. There's a lot of people I would've like to have seen again but didn't make the jury so weren't in the finale. Though the fake idol reveal was done by Jeff, Matthew should've been the one to reveal it. 

From a recent interview with Probst, it doesn't look like Survivor is ever going back to that format because....well, it's cheaper this way. Which is the REAL reason no matter what they say.

To be honest, I'd like to play but the game has changed SO much that I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much. Meaning, the players seem...lame? Maybe I should apply. With such soft players I might stand a chance!

I'm not looking forward to 45. It appears to be more of the same. But I'm enjoying the foreign versions of Survivor right now so I've got plenty of seasons to watch until 45 premieres. 

No comments: