Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Happy Birthday to Me


 Ah, that time honored tradition begins again today!

I wake up, have no presents. Megan promises mine is in the mail and will be here next week. (that has been her excuse for the past 6 years too and nothing has come in yet)

Then I watch the kids all day. Try to go out but having to bring the whole family ends up with me feeding everyone first then eating a cold dinner afterwards. 

I might get some games played (which is the highlight) then later on this week I'll buy myself a birthday gift consisting of something useful for the household. (Past year presents: Vacuum, mop, cleaning supplies, etc)

It doesn't bother me though. Birthday's are supposed to be special when you're young, forgotten when you're my aged and cherished when you reach the age of my parents. 

It's all part of the cycle. 

No comments: