Thursday, July 26, 2018

Best 2 Player Board games

I don't play that many 2 player games, yet when I do, these are my favorites!

10) Dead Stop

A game of simple deduction where you're trying to guess the color hidden under your opponents pawns. Stop them early to avoid them scoring big. Great vintage game!

9) Sub-Search

Battleship on steroids. Three levels to hide and you've got to destroy your opponents subs before they destroy yours. This game is impressive once set up. Another good vintage game!


8) Bas-ket

I don't play this game as much as I used to but it's still a great basketball game as you try to out score your opponent. Simple yet incredibly fun!

7) Pro-Action Football

I don't even like soccer but this game from the UK is Uh-mazing to play! Using a metal ball and pawns on rollers with a magnetic ring, the person who designed this should've been given an award for his stroke of genius! When am I up for a game? ANY TIME!

6) Mr President

Vintage game where you try to beat the other candidate to the presidency. Every time I bring it out my friends under estimate it and end of having a great time. The saddest thing about the game is that is doesn't get played enough!

5) 300

Not the prettiest game on this list but definitely one of the better ones! One person plays as the Spartans and the other as the Persians. Fight over 7 rounds and if the Spartans achieve 100 Glory points they win, if not....it's a Persian party! This game is fun WHOEVER you play as. Under-rated game!

4) Battle Ball

The only football game in my collection and it's a beaut! I love playing this game every time I bring it to the table. And the games are usually close. Easy to teach and a ton of fun!

3) Queen's Gambit

My board game group would rank this #1 I think. This game about Episode 1 of Star Wars is mind-blowingly fun! I both love and hate my friend Brian for showing it to me in the first place. I had to spend a several shiny pennies on it but it was worth every cent!

2) Space Hulk

Aliens the board game really. You can stretch the rules to allow 3 to play but it's really the space marines vs the aliens and I've never had a game go by that I didn't enjoy!

1) Strat-o-matic Baseball

This should come as no surprise. My favorite board game of all time just happens to be a 2-player game as well. Though I haven't played it with 2 players in over 2 decades! LOVE LOVE LOVE this game! Even though my season ended a few months ago, I already want to play it again!





No comments: