Sunday, May 20, 2018

BGG Spring Con Play list (Update)

A short rundown again of the games already on my list:

1) Montana

2) Walnut Grove

3) Kingsburg

4) Manila

5) Pillars of the Earth

6) Corporate America

7) Mexica


Off the list:

1) War of the Ring- After watching yet ANOTHER review on the game it just looks too awful to waste my time on. I LOVE Lord of the Rings but MAN does that gameplay look TERRIBLE!

2) Fool's Gold - I think I found a better "gold digging" game I'll enjoy. 

And now the "new" additions to my list!

Andromeda

This is an interesting game where you have area control mixed with "dice coupling" which I like. The "bits" look interesting as well, so I'm going to check it out. 

Citrus

I meant to add to the list but forgot about it over time. It's tile placement mixed with area control and looks good enough to give it a shot!

A Column of Fire

Since I'm playing "Pillars of the Earth" I may as well try the other games in the series as well. This looks slightly complicated but I do like the theme so I'll give it a shot.

World Without End

The "final" game in the Trilogy. Looks a little better than Column of Fire (in game play) and since I've removed War of the Ring from my play list, I have plenty of time to try other games. (I hear War of the Ring is a long game)


Santiago De Cuba

This is an interesting game I just discovered last week! A little dice rolling mixed with worker placement was enough to grab my interest.

Luxor

The game looks interesting, plus it's Queen Games which I usually tend to love so I'll give it a shot. The only bad thing about the game is that it's the "Hotness" right now so I may not get a chance to play it at all but we'll see. 

Rallyman

I've been on and off about checking this game out for a while. Guess if the opportunity strikes, I'll go ahead and check it out see what all the hype is about!

Arkadia

To quote Jack Skeleton "What's this?" A tetris style, tile placement game?! With the pop up pieces included in the game, it stands out enough to gain my attention for a test play at the con.

Rajas of the Ganges

Taking a friend's advice and playing this one at the con. Looks interesting enough. Almost picked it up before my trip but decided to hold off a day or two and play it. Game looks beautiful!

Master Builder 

It doesn't look like much but it's enough to take my interest. It's pretty cheap online too so if I end up loving it I'll add it to my collection.

Finca

Collecting fruit and selling it to the local townships....that's it. And I'm intrigued! It carries a Rondel system which perks my curiosity in playing it even more!



3 comments:

Melton said...

YOU HAVE TO ADD CHAMPIONS OF MIDGARD TO YOUR LIST!!!!! Preferably with both expansions. I'm serious dude, it's a magnificent game. Add it now!!

I would also highly recommend Blood Rage. Can't remember if we talked about that one. Others that I've played recently and loved include Scythe and Rajas of the Ganges. Excellent.

kidcardco said...

Champions will be added. You did tell me about Blood Rage but looking online it didn't catch me. But I'll add it toward the end if there's time.

I love the look of Sycthe but man does the gameplay look boring! I've been trying to get the urge to play it but haven't yet.

Rajas and Ganges I'll check out. Thanks for the tip!

Melton said...

Dude. Just played Scythe again tonight with my older boys. The game play is SO not boring. The engine building is awesome. Blood Rage is one you really have to play. So so so good.