Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Annihilation (review)


The next Marvel series I read was Annihilation. To my guess it happens around the same time as "Civil War" was going on. These are all the "space" based heroes in the Marvel Universe who don't really spend much time on earth to be impacted from Civil War so I guess Marvel decided to give them their own "Big Event" comic.

The comic stars Nova, Quasar, Silver Super, Super Skrull along with a few members of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It had some pretty interesting things happen in it. Drax "kills" Thanos and I found out that Groot speak PERFECT english in the comic and even when his body "dies" and a new Groot takes his place....yet he has the conscience of a full grown adult, as you can see in the picture below.

Which makes me wonder why the movie changed all that.

Anyway, the story pales in comparison to Civil War but if you like any of the "space" characters from Marvel's Universe you may enjoy it.

No comments: