Friday, August 12, 2016

90's Movies that deserve a sequel

This era already has abundant sequels being made within it. (Jurrassic World, Blair Witch
, Toy Story, etc) but I thought I'd add a few more to the list!











Labor Day

Just like Bill Murray's Groundhog's Day you can have another comedian live through the same day over and over until finally learning an important lesson in the end. Even have Bill cameo in the movie as the wizened old man who understands what the main character is going through and providing him advice.

I think it would be great!

The Nightmare After Christmas

In all honesty this movie would never be made but the sequel would focus on Jack's kids causing a ruckus among ALL of the holiday trees and ruins them for everyone. I think the concept would work though you'd have a lot of resistance from folks who hold the original movie in the utmost esteem and would borderline riot over seeing this in theaters.

But still, it's a cool idea.

Dead Alive 2

Let's put Peter Jackson to work on the only movie of his I ever enjoyed. Dead Alive COULD have been what the Evil Dead franchise is now but it didn't quite catch on as the other did. But you could still resurrect it with a sequel and bring it back into the spotlight.

Go ahead Hollywood....I'm waiting.

Desperado 4

The only thing wrong with "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" was that it was the last one in the series. I know that I'm not the only butt who'd take a seat in theaters to see another no matter what the story line is. And the actors aren't that old so it could still be believable if the studios gave it a shot.

Spawn 2

I know McFarlin's been aching to get this movie made but it doesn't look like studios are interested. I for one would love to see it though. I'm one of the few who think this was a pretty solid movie back when Super Heroes were unfamiliar to the silver screen. With better CGI even the first one could hold up to today's standards. (and well above those set by Superman V Batman)

But if they can't get this movie off the ground these days then GEEZ! I guess we'll never see it.

Have a good weekend folks!





 

No comments: