Monday, July 25, 2011

Star Wars Deleted Scenes for Blu Ray

http://bcove.me/vcpwg3np

Just in case you've been sleeping in a cave over the weekend, look what Lucasfilm released to promote the Blu Ray release of Star Wars this September.

I downloaded the Ipad app last week and was greatly disappointed by the total uselessness of it. But this clip? Oh yeah... this clip says it all!

Let's break it down here:

1) The alternate opening to Return of the Jedi. I knew it existed once Lucasfilm showed us a clip earlier this year, so of course you'd put that in.

2) Sandstorm scene from Return of the Jedi. Knew it existed just couldn't find a copy of it. I guess my quest we be completed September 16th

3) The Mon Calamari Pilot is a new one for me. I'm not really sure where he fits into the story line but if I had to guess it would be Return of the Jedi. Either way it'll interesting to find out.

4) The Wampa scene from Empire Strikes Back. I jumped with excitement after seeing this clip. There had always been a rumor that it existed but I'd never scene evidence until this! SUPER exicted about that one.

5) Shield Generator invasion scene from Return of the Jedi. Again, never knew about it until this. Wow. Lucas does have a secret or two left in the vault. Who knew?

But don't think I'm letting Lucas off the hook for delivering these to the Blu Ray community. He KNEW that if he didn't put deleted scenes in it, we weren't buying. I still loathe Lucas for waiting over 30 years to finally release this material.

That being said, have a nice day folks, I may post more later...

No comments: