Sunday, May 15, 2011

What a piece of junk!?



So we bought a Sony Blu Ray player and I DO NOT see what the big deal is with all the hype about these things!

First off, if Sony says it comes "wireless" it's a lie. The only way for it to be used wireless is to purchase their "adapter" which ends up costing you almost as much as the player itself. (Big jip!)

But when we finally watched a movie on it the other night I wasn't exactly blown away by the picture or sound. It was just like watching it on DVD. Another huge disappointment that leads me to believe this is just another hollywood stunt to get us to buy all of our beloved movies all over again on Blu Ray.

They struggle making money at the box office so now this is their new way to increase profit. Well good for you Hollywood.

It wouldn't surprise me to discover George Lucas was behind this whole scam either!

Ok, I'm done ranting....for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Completely disagree. First of all, you didn't do your research. There are plenty of wireless-internet blu ray players. I have one, and it works beautifully. You bought the wrong one, plain and simple.

Second of all, just to make sure: you have a 1080p tv and an hdmi hook-up right? I do. And I own movies that are on both dvd and blu ray. The dvd picture quality SUCKS and I would never go back. I have compared them, and I HATE watching DVD's now. Also, I have a receiver/speaker system capable of the high-quality sound that blu rays provide, and I have noticed a major difference.

Third, though related to the first, you should have done further research, and bought a wireless-internet blu ray player that also streams netflix at 1080p. This is a MAJOR advantage, and even though there aren't that many yet, and they are pricier on the front end, they pay off eventually.

I would NEVER go back to dvd. You are delusional...and yet so money and you don't even know it :-)

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Ha ha ha! I know there are Blu Ray players out there that don't require an adapter to work but my problem here is this one never indicated that on the outside of the box. A "batteries not included" message would have been nice. Don't advertise "wireless" if you need an additional product to make it so.

It will play Netflix, Pandora and all those other goodies once I have wireless set up. I'm looking forward to those features.

My TV's 1080p but I do admit it may have been the movie. "Case 39" isn't exactly the movie you have playing in the retail stores to show off all the features of a Blu Ray.

I may have been over expecting way too much in a Blu Ray player. Maybe it's been slightly over rated by others to me.

But for right now... sucks. :)

RickCapezza said...

I'm with Melton. Watch something with fast action, and you'll totally see the difference.