Saturday, May 28, 2011

Batman 1966



So lately, Megan and I have been watching the old Batman series on TV and I have to admit, it's awesome. It's comes on the HUB channel at nights, so if you get that station let me assure you, this show is well worth your time!

From the "Batusi" to the "Alf Cycle" this show has it all! I laugh at every episode I see. BRILLIANTLY DONE!

This show delivers on all levels! I loved it as a kid for different reasons than I do now.

Studying online I never knew how much the comic book was influenced by this show. For instance:

1) Riddler was never considered to be a "main" villain for Batman until after this show!

2) Alfred had been killed off in the comics long before the show ever aired. DC had no intention of bringing him back either until the show became so popular they decided to "re-write" Alfred back into the comic books.

3) Mr Freeze was called Mr Zero, until the show came out and changed his name.

4) Before the show was cancelled, plans were made to have Two-Face appear in an episode...starring Clint Eastwood!

5) Jerry Lewis, Sammy Davis Jr, Colonel Klink (from the TV Show Hogan's Heros), Lurch (from the Adam's Family), The Green Hornet and Kato (starring Bruce Lee!!)All the actors were in character!

6) Frank Sinatra and Carey Grant wanted on the show but the producers didn't have time to put them in.

Those are just a few of the hundreds of facts about the show, I encourage you to look up more online in your spare time. And give this show a chance, it's well worth the time I assure you.

C-ya!

No comments: