Thursday, March 24, 2011

Down with the NFL



Well, well, well... what have we here? A lock out in football. Hmmm... was anyone surprised? Which major sport has this NOT happened to??

How long will it last? Some folks are getting worried they won't have a season. In my wildest dreams I can't imagine a situation where they would be right. The players WILL cave in. They don't have any other choice. (Or does joining the UFL count?)

Sadly this will be old news by April and the season will continue on as always. Not one game will be missed!

But what if... what if it DID happen. Oh how much fun would that be!! The strike KILLED baseball back in '95, they still haven't been the same ever since. And the NHL? They almost slipped into nothingness altogether with theirs. I'm pretty sure the only folks committing suicide during that time were Canadians. (am I right Jad?!)

If it were to happen to football then what then? It'd no doubt hurt the sport but to what degree? Would the MLB and NBA stand to gain anything from it? Oh for sure! What about the rest of the world? Guess what folks, they don't even care. We're the ONLY country that loves the sport, soccer reigns supreme world wide.

I'm not going to lie, I'd love to see this happen. I'd love to see folks scrambling around for other sports. I'd love to see MLB rise from the ashes and take a higher place in the sports fan's heart.

But like I said. It'll never happen and before May comes, we'll already be talking about how relieved we are that football isn't going away.

Just my thought for today.

4 comments:

RickCapezza said...

And we still have college football.

kidcardco said...

Yes, I don't mind that. After all... my boys still are the reigning champions... for now.

RickCapezza said...

Yeah, I don't think even you have dreams of a repeat.

kidcardco said...

Oh no, I still have dreams... it's just the reality of it all that's disappointing. : )