Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What the Duck?!



So now it's time to hear all the boo-hoo's and sour grapes from around the nation.

The Ducks aren't happy. I guess I can't blame them. For a team who boasted the #1 offense in the nation, they sucked last night.

I find it funny that the world still hates Auburn, not just for Cam Newton (who still hasn't been found to do anything wrong) but for the SEC in general.

This morning I read Duck fans FURIOUS they'd lost:

"100 times you play that game, Oregon wins, hands down."

"The best team didn't win that day."

"TCU should be #1"

Yes, I actually found that quote. What morons. It's one thing to say your team didn't play it's best that game, but to blame it on bad field conditions, a bad day or bad officiating (when one ESPN actually SAID after his Ducks lost!) it all comes down to this... You lost.

Let's laugh, I mean look at a few things Oregon did.

1) The Trick plays.

I love how everyone holds Chip Kelly in such high esteem. Voted coach of the year this guy showed us exactly how you should wait 30+ days of preparation. ESPN could not stop commenting on how they loved his "fake punt" and "2-point conversion" plays but what about all the other "trick" plays that constantly blew up in Oregon's face and had us all laughing rather than gasping in awe of Chip's presence.

That pony show may work if your Boise State but come on man! You're in the PAC-10! Have some... oh, um... PAC-10, right. Nevermind.

2) Oregon's costumes

Look at these jokers in their neon green costumes. They called them uniforms but they looked more like Tron trying to make another sequel than anything else. The Ducks thought (and I'm not making this up) that it would serve as a good distractor to Auburn. Looks more like it backfired on the Ducks.

But for Halloween I would SO wear those things! What's scarier than a football team who quarterback thinks his offense will run all over them? Plus, it gives off a good reflection to ongoing cars, so there.

3) You were a PAC-10 team

A few articles I read actually started making sense. There should be no question that the SEC IS college football. I don't know why folks refuse to accept the truth. You don't have to like us, just accept it and move on.

The ACC dominates college basketball, it's true. I accept that. I don't hate the ACC teams because of it.

The SEC has ONE good basketball team in Kentucky. That's it. Yeah you have Vandy, Bama and Florida hum around the picture but for the most part it's Kentucky every year.

At least we have ONE good team right? And hey, the ACC has ONE good football team, it's.... uh... it's.... hmmm... oh what's their names.... umm.... ok I'll come back to this later.

All I want to say is: Oregon, go home. TCU, we'll see you in the BCS Championship in a few years and for all you haters out there, WAR EAGLE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. A little overboard, don't you think? I agree, the SEC has had a great decade. But college football is full of peaks and valleys, old friend. Your time is coming. And I can't wait until it does. I wouldn't say the SEC IS college football. Right now, y'all are on top of the mountain. Enjoy it while it lasts.

-Melton