Monday, March 15, 2010

Why I don't like pets


1) They become your responsibility whether you want them or not.
Eventually, the person wanting the pet in the first place is going to have you start doing things for it while they're away or busy. Then you feel responsible too and have to start caring for it even though you never wanted it in the first place. (My Mom taught me that)

2) If not trained previously to being owned, they're trouble.
Making a mess of the household tearing things up. I don't have anything against Dogs mind you... just pets. I'll train my child to be potty trained because I would love them. I'd kick a puppy if he tore up my Star Wars book.

3) They're expensive.
Taking them to the vet, buying them food, toys, leashes, kennels and other things of that nature can really add up. That's why I think having pets is more like having a hobby. You'll set aside spending money for a hobby. Baseball cards, comic books, and whatever else. Pets are just the same.

Ok, more Cows coming at you this week. Have a good one folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remove the word "pet" and replace it with the word "child" and the same reasons can be felt by those who don't want children...haha