Friday, March 12, 2010

Survivor Update

So here we are 1/4 of the way through with the season and it's time once again to give my thoughts on it so far.

I love Survivor and even though it's frustrating to watch at times, it's still my #1 favorite show.

The Good- Boston Rob vs Russell has got to be the best showdown I've ever seen. They have me starving to see who will come out on top and my guess is that whoever it is they will be the last guy standing in the end. I still don't think a guy will win but one could make it to the final and it would be one of those two to do it.

The Bad- My Hero Colby has fallen from grace in my eyes. No longer is he the hero that he once was. Trying to play the game with "honor" than getting upset that nobody else wants to play by his rules is foolish. The same for Tom as well. Both of these guys got far in their own seasons because their team was on top. Their tribe always won. There was hardly any need for back stabbing and by the time the tribes merged they already had their alliance iron clad. Tom's voted off, and Colby is one of the most stubborn people on his tribe. It's sad to see my hero fall.

The Ugly- Everyone on the "Hero" tribe. What'd I tell you about James? When he's winning he's lovable... when he's losing he whines. I thought Stephanie was the reason they kept losing? Oh wait, he left the team 3 weeks ago. Keeping James around with a bum leg was a disastrous move.

Amanda's a slime ball but no one remembers that, Rupert's the biggest idiot and hopefully now America sees it too. Candice STILL has no clue how to play the game. And JT has lost his mind flip flopping like that. How did he forget the secret to winning so quickly? It's like he's playing this game for the first time?!?

All the rest- My pic, Sandra, is still in it but I don't know if she can make it to the merge. She's crafty and cutthroat though so I still believe she can make it. Parvati is the biggest threat of all. I can guarantee she'll make it to the end with someone. How after 3 seasons they STILL don't see her as a threat is beyond me!

Oh well.... I'm done for now. Have a great weekend folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I agree with you on pretty much everything here, except Coach. I'm not "into" the whole BR-Russell showdown quite as much as you, but it is definitely fun to see. Not sure how "stubborn" Colby is - he thought he had a good alliance after last week, and JT turned on him...again (agree that JT is a total snake now and has turned me off). I just think Colby's social game isn't what it should be, and he and Tom absolutely sucked when it came to challenges...a total reversal of their individual seasons. The Heroes' failure to win challenges is one of the most disappointing elements of any Survivor season I've ever seen. Are they serious keeping a one-legged James, over Tom, a superstar who absolutely CARRIED his tribe to win after win just a few seasons ago? Freaking pathetic.

It's funny to see Parvati on TV claiming that she's not a big threat, etc. when everyone knows she is. Can't stand her, Amanda OR Candace now - voting against Tom after your whole speech about getting rid of one-legged James? Anyway, still like the show, it's just been a very frustrating season, and in my mind far inferior to the first All-Stars. At least thus far.

-Melton