Monday, August 24, 2009

Cartoons I miss

There's a few cartoons I miss seeing and while giving it a little thought here's just a few. I want to start off with the classic Disney afternoon toons that just rocked my world as a kid.
And here's the one that started it all. Awesome cartoon, great stories and unforgettable charaters. The Beagal Boys, Gizmo Duck, Glumburg, Webigale, Nanny and even the lucky dime stand out whenever I think about this one.

Truly one of the greats. Who didn't want to go swimming through money with Scrooge McDuck?!
Then came the rescue rangers. Chip and Dale along with friends like Gadget and Monty. I remember watching the very first episode and thinking how cool their baloon blimp was and the things they did with paper clips and rubber bands amazed me! Another great hit!
When the theme music hit my ears for the first time I knew this was going to be one I liked. Khan plays a crime lord, Louie runs an air born gas station and Don Carnage is the pirate... wonderful!

I think we all loved that plane as much as Baloo did. Most memeroable episodes for me was the 2 cent stamp and the time Baloo saved Khan's life and Khan owed him a "favor" Good stuff!
But they really capped it off with the best one for last! Darkwing Duck was amazingly witty and made for an excellent story! With the revival of the Launpad McQuack it made it even better!! Too many good quotes from this cartoon to pick my favorite but that's what it was to me. The best of the bunch!

After this, then what happened?...... GOOF TROOP?! How lame. I don't even think I made it though one episode. Sad. They don't make toons like this anymore.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Duck Tales was one of my favorites but so was My Little Pony.....I think you need to let Megan have her say on Cartoons too.

kidcardco said...

Ummm... hmmmm... I don't know about that. Meg's favorite cartoons. NOT pretty! : )

Anonymous said...

oh come on Matt!!! Most of your cartoons I would have said and added a few here and there. :)

Meg

Vickie said...

I think it would be a great conversation piece....and you might get more comments than just mine. LOL!
Love you brother!

Kimber said...

Those are all mine too!!!!!!!!!!!! You know they have them on dvd now... Tony and I are starting to collect them so when we have kids they can watch the GREATNESS instead of the stupid cartoons they have now....