Monday, August 10, 2009

10 Cereals I would like to see come back

Remeber some of the best cereals we never have around anymore? I was thinking of it last week and these are the ones I remember the most (with the best memeroies) and would love for these cereals to make a come back! (by the way these are not in any order)
This is the one that started this idea. OJ's was something I never asked for Mom to get us as a kid but she bought it anyway. I remember at first not wanting it but after trying a bowl realized it was pretty good. Orange flavor (duh) but really not as bad as you'd think?
What a great idea. The bos would open up and you could read comic strips while you ate. I LOVED the idea since I was always bored at the breakfast table and you can only read the nutrition fact so many time. Honestly, the cereal wasn't that good. I remember wishing there'd be more comics too. Maybe next time around they could correct that.
Too my knowledge this cereal has gone the way of the buffalo as well. I never see it in the isles anymore and I LOVE me some Capt Crunch! But why axe this one? It's just as good as the rest! Co-co puffs meets Capt Crunch. What's so wrong with that?
I LOVED this cereal too. Such a good idea who wouldn't love it? I remember it came in chocolate and vanilla flavors. Both were good though. I wonder why they stopped making it?
Another one that boggles my mind is where did THIS cereal go?! I can't think of a single person who wouldn't turn away a yummy bowl of these babies!! What a solid idea. Oreo's.... milk.... Oreo Cereal! Genius, whoever came up with it. Why isn't this one back on shelves?
Ok, funny story. I freaked when this cereal came out. I begged mom day in and day out for it. And when they day came that she finally brought it home? I tried one bowl of each..... and threw them both away. This was the worst cereal known to man (and I've had grape nuts before) why in the world would they take such a popular concept and totally ruin it by giving you the worst tasting cereal on the world! So why do I want it back? Look! Mario's on the cover!! MOM!!
I know everyone was saying this one the moment they started reading. Yes, I miss it too. But not only because of Mr T, I really think they were on to something here. They tasted great!! And 80's stuff is in so this would be the perfect time to bring it back right?

What? Don't want to pay Mr T royalties? Bah! Bring it back and every parent will be flocking to the store to give this to there kid. Heck, they may even take a box for themselves too while they're at it!
Again. Who didn't like this cereal? I was seriouly bummed when they stopped making it. And it wasn't because I was buying it I can tell you that!! Seriously... why dump this cereal??
Ok, You knew I had to mention this one too. But hold on. Yes I begged for it as a child. Yes it was because of Star Wars but does anyonme remember the taste? They were really good!! I've tried a few of the other Star Wars cereals they've come out with but this one still takes the cake! Again, nolstagia alone would keep the sales running! Bring it back!!
I feel like such a chump for saying it but this cereal was the tops. I loved the taste. I still remember it. I could eat half the box and come back in the morning for more. Honest. Good stuff. Where is it? Gone. How sad....

Until tomorrow....

6 comments:

Remy said...

I'd eat the Dunkin Donut Cereal right nows.

Kimber said...

Ok I don't hardly remember any of these, some I did and miss, but omg what a great post! Tony and I laughed the whole way through. Oh and thanks alot, he can not stop singing the nintendo cereal song... over..and over...and over..

T-Money said...

Yeah. That song has stuck in my brain for over 20 years. And it wasn't all that bad. Ok the Super Mario side sucked, but the Zelda side wasn't bad. Almost Fruty Pebbles.

And I remember a lot of those, but OJ's? Can't say I ever remember seeing OJ's

T-Money said...

Or was it the other way around. Zelda sucked but Super Mario was good? I think that sounds more right...

kidcardco said...

Neither were good if you ask me. Ans as for the song.... I can't recall it. You'll have to help me with that one...... Smurfberry Crunch..... mmmm

Anonymous said...

I agree with Remy...I could eat some of the Dunkin Donut cereal about now.

Meg