Friday, May 23, 2008

The Stars shine out tonight!


Tonight is the Award Show at the Strauss Theater and I'm up for 2 plays. First as "Best Supporting Actor in a play" and the second for "Best Supporting Actor in a Musical" Like I said before EVERYONE who was in a play got nominated so don't congratulate me for that.
What are my chances? Well... you see that guy in the front of the row? Mark Addison just may pull off BOTH those awards and I hope he does! He's a great actor and an even better man! I've gotten to know Mark a lot over the years and if he were to win, it'd be just fine with me. I voted for him in both catagories because I think he did a great job in both roles.
Anyway, I'll let you folks know how it turns out, so until then what you can do for me is lock the door and hope they don't have blasters!

8 comments:

pard1959 said...

Thanks for the nod and the vote. But the truth is I voted for you in both categories. You're one of the brightest stars to ever grace that stage. You've got talent, looks, and a great sense of humor. I've had the pleasure of standing next to you in the receiving line after the plays.....I've heard what people say to you and I've seen how people are drawn to you. You, my friend, have a gift from the Almighty God and you use it wisely.

At the risk of sounding nonchalant...if I win or lose, it won't really matter. On Saturday morning, I'll still be the same goofy idiot I was on Friday night. But if you win, I'm thinking you'll need a manager to help you negotiate with guys like Spielberg and Lucas. So, as I said in a previous comment, I call dibs on being your manager.

I'm pulling for you!

MajorLamont said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MajorLamont said...

Michael Wilkes is gonna win EVERY award tonight. Don't you know that by now......

pard1959 said...

Yep, I was right.

I'm still the same goofy idiot I was the night before. =D

Anonymous said...

It's ok Mark! You, Matt, and Mikey are all winners in my heart. I thought you guys were amazing!

Megan

MajorLamont said...

Yeah....thanks for jinxing us Matt. You, Mark and I were a collective 0 and 8 last night! Poop. Well, at least I predicted Michael Wilkes winning.

pard1959 said...

I'm opening a new company called Ohpher Enterprises. I'm president, Matt is V.P. and Mikey is treasurer.

Wait a tick...I'm going to put a positive spin on this. The one good thing about us losing is...at least we're consistent!

T-Money said...

Well at least my 10 year streak was broken, but apparently I can't do it on my own merits, I have to be a part of a group of fine young gentlemen that make this old man look better.