Friday, June 01, 2007

FFF frenzy!




Wow, what a week. I still carry a cough but the rest of my sickness is about done. This has probably been the 2nd worse I've ever been in my life. I'll just be glad when I finally kick the coughing to the side and I am 100% well again!




Now as for our FFF....






After my $5 bill FFF ya'll started e-mailing more questions to me about money. I didn't really answer any e-mails this week because I was sick but it changed my mind for today's FFF. Ok, a lot of you asked about the $1000 bill. Who was on it? Why president Cleveland of course. Do they still make them? No.





Those (as well as the $500 bills) are no longer in circulation. Yeah you could find one on ebay still I imagine but not at a bank. I'm not sure when they stopped making them but I believe it was around the mid 1946 and circulation for them ceased after 1969





So how big a bill did they actually make? Well Andrew Jackson actually graced the cover of a $10,000 bill once. Mainly used as a "gold certificate" but still it's pretty cool. They stopped making those in 1934.

Ok, I'm done for the week. Hey, just a thought here but what do you think about a few more video post for next week as well?

3 comments:

hollie said...

happy belated birthday. sorry i'm a jerk and didn't call you yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Susannah, Jon Sutton's sister from Florida. We met at the SHC Ball last weekend. I just thought I would say hello!

kidcardco said...

Hello Susannah! My apologies for not being able to say goodbye to you Sunday night. That was when little miss "Mono Jr" attacked my immune system and made me sick this entire week! Tell Jon "He's the man" and the both of you need to keep in touch. E-mail me his address when you have the time please. Thanks!