Saturday, March 10, 2007

Star Wars Topic


Hi folks!

Well I told you we'd have a bonus post this Saturday and here it is! But today the topic is going to be a little serious.

Star Wars.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a huge fan of the movies, books everything. I usually don't speak of this much for obvious reasons. But I can't stand it! I gotta speak about it today!

So, in reguards to Cal's comment on Hayden, I have to say that I don't think his acting was bad at all. I blame it all on the directing of George Lucas. For as much as I like Star Wars I can't stand the man who created it! Wild huh?

He's stated several times in interviews that he cares nothing for the fans and he shows that to us every day! His director skills are the same as of a 6 year old. He gives his actors NO direction when following a scene. The best example is in Ewan McGregor. Wonderful actor but you'd never be able to tell that if he had just starred in those films.

Don't get me wrong. I love the prequels. But I agree they would have been a lot better without GL's invovlment with them. So there you have it. I'm done. Hope your weekend's better than mine!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to somewhat agree with you there. GL should NEVER direct anything, or be the soul writer. The man created this incredable universe, but he should never step behind the camera again. He can produce and create all he wants, just never direct. And he should let someone else re-write his dialoge.

On the otherside...Hayden is a horrible actor. Nice guy, just a bad actor.

I met him once, did Kim tell you that?

Nice guy...


Tony

Anonymous said...

Er...that should be sole, not soul.

Tony

kidcardco said...

Hey Tone, guess what? I'm playing another character in the play... AT THE MAISON DES LUNES!

Anonymous said...

I agree.. I hope your weekend is better than mine too.

Roger