Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Vintage Chuck E Cheese (Part II)

 There were a lot of things fun at the old Chuck E Cheese's that didn't include the pizza!
 The robot stage shows were always fun for us as kids. The lights would go dim, the red curtain pulled back. You placed down your pizza and waited excitingly to see what they were going to sing and say next! Although I don't quite remember but I think there were 2 or 3 different shows they would do before repeating and we sat through all of them until they were done. Afterwards it was time to dive head first into a big pool of balls!

....I think that came out wrong.
 There were also side shows in other rooms if you didn't want to go to the main hall. I remember both of these very well. The King would sing Elvis songs. (obviously) and would always "Thank the crowd very much" after each set.
Next were the Beagles. I rip off of the Beetles, who sang songs and made an occasional joke. I never sat in any of these rooms to eat pizza (because back in the day it was blasphemy not to sit in the presence of the almighty Chuck) but I do remember occasionally checking in to see what shows they'd be doing at the time.

Do you have any memories of ye olde Chuck Esquire Cheese? Do tell...

No comments: