Thursday, February 04, 2016

Best Val Kilmer movies

Yep, I'm a Val Kilmer fan too. Shoot me.

 5) Thunderheart

One of his earlier movies about an FBI agent investigating a tribe, this movie came with a bunch of humor and an interesting plot to move it along. I remember renting this at Blockbuster hoping it wouldn't suck (the plot REALLY sounded dull) but it ended up being one of my favorite Val movies ever!

4) Felon

One of his later films (yes I still watch every one!) was actually one of his greatest. Kilmer plays an inmate and is almost unrecognizable in the film (thanks to his size) Again, I ended up loving this film more than I thought I would and talking about it again has me hankering for a 2nd viewing!

3) Heat

Now we're getting to the Top Tier movies. Heat was probably in my Top 5 greatest movies of all time when it came out. (it has since fallen) but I love this film. Kilmer is at his coolest in it and the ending is just heart breaking. Another movie I need to add to my "re-watch" list for this year.

2) Willow

Easily Kilmer's most famous role (next to Top Gun) Face it folks, Val MADE this movie! He had a charisma equal to Jack Sparrow. This movie's in my collection and was re-watched last year. Besides weak special effects (which you can't really fault it for) this movie is excellent and worthy to stand in my collection!

1) Tombstone

Surprised I didn't put Top Gun? I like the movie but Val really was so-so in it. However, as Doc Holiday he out-shown every actor in Hollywood in this role. I'm not the biggest fan of westerns but this is a film I LOVE! Sad to say but I don't think he'll get any better than this. But that doesn't mean I'll stop watching them...


 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't disagree as much as I thought we would. You had one HUGE omission (see #2)

1.Tombstone - can't argue with this. How in the name of all that's holy was he not even NOMINATED for an Oscar?? Brilliant. One of my favorite movies of all time.
2.The Saint - so so so so so good
3.Heat - I'm not even sure this should be on the list, because the movie belongs to DeNiro and Pacino. But Kilmer is an excellent 3rd banana
4.Willow - LOVE this movie
5.Top Gun - I actually really like him in this. Total douche and great at it.

Honorable Mention:
Batman Forever - one of my favorite Batman movies
Entourage cameo - the Sherpa who sells them weed.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Entourage cameo is good. Batman Forever as well. I really like The Saint, but Felon was really good in my opinion which is why Saint got left out.