Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Best Johnny Depp movies

This was a hard list to put together because he's made so many brilliant films, but I'm going to try and narrow it down to a Top 5!

5) Edward Scissorhands

I can't imagine a list not including this film. It practically defined who Depp is today as an actor. Such a silly concept that was delivered in such a marvelous way makes me wonder how he ever nailed this role down so well in the first place!

4) Once Upon A Time in Mexico

I'm pretty sure this woul be on no one's else's list but mine...and I don't care. Depp is outstanding as the villain which gave Banderas' "Desperado Trilogy" legs for one more round. I can't think of a single film where Depp is portrayed any cooler than he is here.

3) Pirates of the Caribbean

I loved him in the first 3 but to be specific we'll just say the first movie. Jack Sparrow is a character that has changed the way people view pirates. It's one of his most famous scenes and Depp even carries a costume of the beloved Captain everywhere he goes, just in case there's a charity, school or children's hospital to attend. Rumor has it that he has to approve any "Jack Sparrows" at the Disney Parks by video audition sent to his agent but I'm not so sure that's true.

2) Ed Wood

Not familiar with it? Rent it today and thank me later. Depp's incredible performance of the late Hollywood director is magnificent! I've seen this movie several times over and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time. Not many movies can claim bragging rights such as that!


1) Sleepy Hollow

But #1 hands down is this one. I've seen it the most out of all his films. (thrice in theaters) I was expecting garbage when I walked into the theater and came out asking friends who wanted to see it with me again. Depp's BEST performance in my opinion and with the help of Tim Burton's direction this film stands proud on my short list of films I own.

Well.... what'd I miss? Agree or disagree? Lemme know in the comments!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1, without question, is Donny Brasco. Pacino steals the show, but Depp is amazing as an undercover cop in the mafia.

#2 Pirates of the Caribbean

#3 Finding Neverland (this and Donny Brasco are his best films overall)

#4 Edward Scissorhands

#5 Black Mass (recently released, he got a lot of Oscar buzz, but not the nomination)

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Haven't seen Black Mass but am excited to once it comes out on rental.