Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Best Edward Nortan Movies!!

Edward Norton is probably my favorite actor. I LOVE all of his movies. So to make a Top 5 is hard but I'll give it a try!

5) The Score

This must have been a dream come true for Norton. Getting to work with some of his idols really made for a great film. I got this movie as a gift and have watched it a few times since. It's smart yet forgettable when you mention it to others. Regardless of all that, I love it!

4) Rounders

C'mon! Who's top 5 DOESN'T consist of this film?! It's a classic! I have a buddy who met Edward Norton and says he's a really great guy in real life and reads all the time! Kinda good to know when you're such a fan of his movies like I am.

3) Red Dragon

The prequel to Silence of the Lambs it didn't disappoint with Norton's performance of the young detective on the case. Anthony Hopkins was of course good but this was the 3rd movie in a group of films some folks thought had died out with the 2nd one. It turned out not to be true of course, hence it's on the list!!

2) Fight Club

Everyone's #1 will be my #2 (though barely) No doubt about it, I love this film. It was one of the first DVD's I ever bought and it's tied for the most viewings of an Edward Norton film for me! On the "All-Time Movie" list, I'm pretty sure my brother Jeremy would have this one close to the top. So what's #1?

1) Primal Fear

No movie twist was ever as big as it was for me in this film. This was Norton's breakthrough role and it was here that he caught my attention and added another die hard fan to his ever growing list. His performance as the alter boy is flawless. Richard Grere should thank him for having the one bearable film of his I can stomach to see over and over again. Edward stole the show from the seasoned actor and has seen his career take off ever since.

What about you? Any Norton fans out there with me?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our top 3, shockingly, are the same. LOVE Primal Fear, and he's awesome in Fight Club. Rounders is classic.

4.American History X - tough to watch, but he is brilliant

5.Birdman - such a great film, my #1 of 2014, and he was terrific as a douche bag.

Red Dragon was awful, The Score was a bit of a disappointment. My Honorable Mentions (because I love Norton as well):

Keeping the Faith - not many saw this with he and Ben Stiller, but I think it was underrated

Grand Budapest Hotel/Moonrise Kingdom - he plays very similar but memorable roles in 2 Wes Anderson films

The Incredible Hulk and Italian Job - he was a jerk in one, and a good Bruce Banner in a pretty forgettable Hulk movie overall.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

American History X is excellent. Definitely an honorable mention for me. Keeping the Faith as well. I forgot he was in Birdman but yes, he was brilliant. Both Wes Anderson films seems more like a guest star appearance to me but I'll have to watch them again. It been too long.

Incredible Hulk WAS good. Maybe I should change that to my #5. I loved his Bruce Banner. The Italian Job was "meh" for me.

Honorable mention "Down in the Valley" and "The Painted Veil" Worst Ed Norton was "Leaves of Grass" total waste of time.