Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Miserable Mets

Ok, the time have come to address this issue.

My Mets not only lost the World Series, they were embarrassed in front of the entire world! But let's take a step back and look at their season as a whole.

The Mets were picked by everyone to come in last in the NL East. Let that sink in a bit... we were predicted to be worse than the Phillies.

I even boldly stated on my Blog earlier this year that the Mets would claim the #3 spot in the division. Yes, I was saying that with high hopes and dreams.

But they did surpass everyone's expectations for the season. When we got off to an amazing winning streak to begin the season, myself and every other Mets fan waited for the other shoe to drop. I figured the meltdown would come after the All-Star break.

It didn't.

We won the division and were the underdogs against the Dodgers and the Cubs. We beat the best aces in the game! But couldn't close the deal when it came to the Royals.

3 of our losses came when we had the lead with 4 (or less) outs to go. One by one we coughed up runs to their offense, made horrible errors and outright gave up in the end.

But I'll try my best not to forget what we were before then. A team with amazing talent and confidence to get the job done. 

I just hope we can do better next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I don't think it was an embarrassment at all. The Royals are a good team. And you played with them and had late leads in 3 games! It's hard to get to the World Series, so that's a great accomplishment. Awesome season!

What's embarrassing is you picking Kass to win Survivor. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You're still so money though!

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Yep! Proud to admit I was wrong! Glad she won't be the winner. But when she turned that corner and went back to "Chaos Kass" I knew it was over.

I just felt after the first episode she was really going to change. Now get Ciera out and I'll be happy!