Thursday, November 05, 2015

2016 Mets Forecast

So where will my Mets be next year and what will they look like? Let's make a few predictions shall we?

Cespedes

Gone. We're not keeping him. I wish they would make him an offer but I have a feeling he'll be asking for more than we can afford. I loved having him this season and I'll miss him in 2016.

Murphy

The Mets upper management breathed a sigh of relief when the NLCS MVP turned into the goat at the World Series. Leaving New York with a bitter taste in their mouth and the Mets for an excuse not to resign him.

Nope, sorry. It won't happen. I like the guy but I know the Mets never had a desire to keep him around, even when he was doing astounding in the playoffs.

Colon
I like this guy too and he wants to continue playing as well, but at 43 I doubt the Mets will make any serious gestures to keeping him in the bull pen. He's a fun guy with great ball control and a hilariously good attitude. But the Mets literally have pitchers half his age who can deliver just as many stunning results.

So good bye Colon, thanks for the memories and I hope whatever small market team wishes to snatch you up, benefits from the deal.

Clippard
I hate this idiot. He needs to go. Doubtful if the Mets will put him up on the trading block but the faster we can get him off the team, the better. Moron continually blew games for us the entire post season. I have no idea how he got a picture of Terry Collins wearing a dress but I hope it doesn't save him in the roster for next year. (the picture is the only reason I can think of why Collins kept putting this moron in the game, I have no evidence of it but that)

Wheeler

Finally, hello 2016! Where our pitching lineup will look like the 90's Braves. With Wheeler coming back next year off Tommy John I don't think there's a single person in baseball who knows what this means for the team.

But we need bats if we want to win and hopefully the Mets GM will be able to get that for us in the post season.

We just have to wait and see...


No comments: