Saturday, April 26, 2014

R.I.P. Star Wars EU

So the other show finally dropped tidy as Lucasfilm announced they're shooting their old faithful fans in the head by trashing the entire EU.

This news coming right after I captured what I believe is the last piece of EU Fiction I got today which was "Cantina Communications" by John Chesterland.

Figures.

Star Wars was dead in the late 80's and it was the wonderful EU books that breathed life back in a series that was fading to obscurity.

But all Disney cares about is money. Not hardcore Star Wars fans.

So after Dark Horse finishes their run in 2014 and Fantasy Flight finishes their Age of the Rebellion series shortly thereafter I will officially be done with Star Wars.

The EU was what I loved most about it and now that it's gone, I'm gone too.

Have fun counting how many "hidden Mickey's" are in Episode 7 folks, this Disney Empire isn't fit for a Rebel like me.   

No comments: