Saturday, September 29, 2012

Clone Wars Season.... (Yawn!)

So I watched the season five premiere of Clone Wars and even though I love me some Star Wars they really should let this series die. 

Mainly because the Clone Wars only lasted 2 years, TWO YEARS! Even if this series were the only stories about the Clone Wars it would be enough, but after several books and comics about it, it's hard to believe all this happened within the stretch of 2 years. AND the fact that Ashoka (Anakin's apprentice) isn't even mentioned in the first few books (because her character didn't exists back then) it's hard to believe she made it around that long. 

She's not in Episode 3, so she has to die sometime right?! Sadly I doubt Lucas has the nads to pull this off. 

Sure they start with an eye-popping season opener with (ugh!) Darth Maul laughably back from the dead by a story obviously ripped off from the Star Wars Infinities comic, bur the pitiful truth is you'll have to wade through 20 "filler" episodes before you see them again. (A strategy they've been using since season 3) 

This clearly represents another fact that Lucas cares ZERO for the fans. 

I hear there's a new book coming out soon that will chronicle the clone wars in the exact order as things happened. I'm extremely interested in seeing that because I have a feeling it won't look pretty if they REALLY do what they say. 

Until then I suppose I'll shift through the mindless garbage they feed us on Saturday mornings now and dream of the inevitable end of this atrocious series. 

If you didn't understand any of my ramblings just now please excuse this post as nothing but a nerdy Star Wars fan geeking out his rage on a mediocre product. : )  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I disagree, we're one episode in, and last season's Mon Calamari arc was the weakest of the season, so things can get better. I mean, we get the Falleen and Black Sun, as well as them closing out some old story lines. Stick in there. I've actually enjoyed all the seasons so far.