Saturday, November 05, 2011

So I did my best and worst Star Wars books, now it's time to do the comic books too I guess.

Instead of calling this the Bottom 5 let's just say these were the most disappointing.

#5 Rogue Squadron


If any lover of Star Wars comics read this post they're going to kill me, but remember this is "most disappointing" comic book series and that being said you have to admit, this one was a bummer. The author PROMISED he would connect his comic book series to his beloved Book series that was out around the same time...and he didn't. I love it when a plan comes together, but I hate it when I realized I've been hosed.

#4 Marvel Comic Series


Yikes, what a disaster! Too many points to be made here, but one that tops everyone's list is Jax, the giant green bunny who befriends Han Solo on many adventures together. Oh yeah, you heard me right. This was back in the day when nobody really cared what the story was about, just only that it was Star Wars.

Oddly enough the Legacy of the Force Book series took a character from this very series and incorporated her as one of the main villains. It makes my stomach churn slightly as I wonder if that now means everything in this series is considered "cannon"

#3 Jabba the Hutt


For some strange reason back in the early days of Dark Horse Star Wars run, they thought it would be a good idea to make a series of books based on Jabba the Hutt and why not? He was an intergalactic gangster! Surely they could come up with a good story line around that?

Short answer: Uh, no. They can't.

#2 Dark Times: Blue Harvest


You wait over 3 years after issue #1 comes out you hope it's going to be worth the wait right? Sadly this wasn't the case. The thing I don't understand was why it took them years to finish this pointless and forgettable story line?! This is the comic book "Pitt" of the Star Wars Universe. (only comic nerds will get that joke, sorry)


1# Union


Luke Skywalker get married! What a great story right?? Well grab a pillow because you'll be bored the whole time through this series. Let me save you the time and sum it up for you. Han and Luke get into a bar fight at the bachelor's party, a pro-imperial tries to bust the wedding up, Luke and Mara get married.

You can thank me now. I just saved you an hour easily right there.

So there you have it! I'll have the Top 5 posted up tomorrow. C-ya then!

No comments: