Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day



I remember as a kid my mom bought us these "Super Friends" cards to give out to our classmates on V-Day. Because they were cards with Super Hero's on it, I wasn't ever embarrassed to give them out.

It's funny because, yes, each card in my mind was a social status. For instance:

1) Plastic Man-Means I don't know you well or I don't like you and my mom is making me give you a valentine.

2) Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman, Supergirl/Wonder Woman- Meant we weren't friends and I didn't care either way for you.

3) Superman/Batman/Penguin, Flash/Green Arrow/Wonder Girl - Meant you achieved mid-card status with me and I acknowledged you as being labeled a "friend"

4) Batman/Robin, Batman/Batgirl, Superman/Batman/Robin - Meant I counted you as one of my good friends. Heck, if a girl received a Batman/Batgirl card from me it probably meant I liked her!

5) Batman/Robin/Joker - This was "elite" status in my book. I saved these for last and ONLY gave them out to my best friends. If you got this and didn't thank me profusely, you had no understanding of the honor I was bestowing upon you.

We begged Mom every year to get the same cards for us she actually made Valentine's Day look cool to an 8 year old.

That's why today I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. Mom, here's a Batman/Robin/Joker card just for you!

No comments: