Wednesday, December 29, 2010

POST #2000

Check out the post for today!!! This is my 2000th post and baby it's on!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I made my first post on the blog. I think I grabbed on to the fad when it was moving into MySpace. (that thing before Facebook)But I've been loving this blog ever since!

I even have a few thoughts to share with everyone about it:

01. I had originally imagined my blog would be for comic strips not only by me, but from other people as well. I had a few ideas to start things out but then I was going to have "guest artist" in every month to do stuff too. I remember asking 4 people, but each one backed out for reasons of being "too busy" so I just continued drawing them myself.

02. "Family Circle" is one bit I never got tired of. I could've gone on for YEARS making fun of that strip. But after a few months I decided it was a dead horse and moved on.

03. I LOVE the fact that I posted so many pictures back in the day. Seeing them now still makes me laugh at how much we change as time goes by. I intend to post more pictures in future post.

04. The most popular strip to date MAY be "Snakes" It's received the most request for sequels and is still my wife's favorite strip I've done. What's mine? Hmmm... tough question, but "Balloons" would definitely be up there in the top ten.

05. Besides the first year, have you notice my post have become my frequent every year? Yep, it's true. Seems I have more to speak about every year. Weird. The first year shouldn't really count since back then I didn't know you could post a picture AND comment on it at the same time.

06. I've been blessed to have so many folks read my blog after so many years and look at the comments! So many of you from everywhere have been so kind with your support over the years and I really want you to know I appreciate it very much.

Ok, that's really all I wanted to say. Thanks for making Cardco: The Blog so popular. I look forward to making post #3000 in a few more years.

C-ya!

No comments: