Monday, December 20, 2010

Best X-mas Movies

I can't believe I've never had this post before??? What have I been doing this whole time going 6 years strong on this blog and not once talking about the best x-mas films of all time!!

Ok, so I'll begin (in no order)

Short Film: Hardrock, Coco and......JOE!

Every year when we were kids this short clay-mation cartoon would appear on the Bozo Show and we would sing along EVERY TIME!



Honestly, if you haven't seen it before, check it out on YouTube. Fantastic stuff!

Charlie Brown Christmas Special

Nothing beats an old Christmas classic such as this eh?



The music from this show constantly plays on the radio during the xmas season.

Christmas Vacation

Speak of a classic. There's so many quotes to give on this one I wouldn't even know where to start!



I never thought I'd hear myself say this but... look how young Chevy Chase looks in this pic?!

Die Hard

Oh yes. It's a Christmas movie.... that rocks!!



Yippie-ki-yi-yeah!

Home Alone

You hate that you love it but it still would make your top ten X-mas films of all time wouldn't it?




The Christmas Toy

Ok, this one I'm going to have to talk about for a little bit. It's a Jim Henson movie that came out (I think) in the mid-80's. I LOVED this movie when it came out. And guess what? It's on YouTube as well!



So I watched it again (only 50 minutes long) and you know what? This is where Toy Story got it's idea.

I'm not joking, listen to this story line for "The Christmas Toy"

A little girls favorite toy starts to panic as he realizes tomorrow is X-mas and soon there will be a new X-mas toy, which means he won't be the favorite anymore. (Just like Woody, except it was for the kids birthday)

There a big "dumb" rocking horse in it (Like Rex)

Oh and the toy that is replacing him? A female space warrior. I'm not joking. She comes out of the box not knowing that she's a toy. Spouting phrases such as "What planet is this?" When they tell her it's the Living Room she responds "Such a strange name for a planet" She even has a space sword (similar to Buzz's laser beam) that she harmlessly attacks inanimate objects with around the room.

My mouth was wide open. I couldn't believe I didn't make the connection until now. Crazy stuff. Don't believe me? Go check it out for yourself and tell me what you think.

Muppet Christmas Carol

I know, I know... I got a thing for Muppets. But this is such a great movie!



The 2 songs "Marley and Marley" and "It feels like Christmas" will be stuck in your head FOR DAYS after you watch this!!

The Grinch

One of my favorites. I watch it every year and find something new to laugh at every time!



Now I know you're going to post about others let me guess a few: Four Christmases, Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, The Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation 2 (just kidding on that last one) But to me, these top the list.

What do you think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Family Man, It's a Wonderful Life, and Elf are better than most on your list.

BTW, was that a lame season of Survivor, or what? Glad Fabio won, though.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

I enjoyed Survivor, but then again it's my favorite show so I admit I'm biased when it comes to that.

The Family Man is one of Jeremy's favorites as is It's a Wonderful Life. (which I almost put on my list)

Bray's ultimate favorite is Elf followed by the Grinch in a close second.

Also consider this, if you like Toy Story you MUST tip your hat to the original idea. I love the movie Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico, but I would LOVE to own El Mariachi on DVD as well because it was the predecessor of both films.

Anonymous said...

No, of course, we enjoyed Survivor and watched every episode, and will watch next season. I just thought this cast sucked, and the season overall was down.

-Melton

RickCapezza said...

The Family Man, It's a Wonderful Life, and Miracle of 34th Street are my favorites. I also like the cartoon Grinch. Nestor the Donkey always makes me think of childhood. Home Alone is definitely up there.

kidcardco said...

Nestor the Donkey?!? Who is that? Mr Hanky's trusted steed??

Anonymous said...

BAD SANTA!!!

kidcardco said...

Did you know they're making a sequel to Bad Santa? WHY??? The first one was awefull!!

Wait... am I missing something here?