Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Best of the 80's!



Now let's hit a few more other 80's favs! The Last Starfighter. I remember watching this movie and thinking...."Whoa, this is like Earth meets Star Wars" And it involved a video game which made it all the more excellent.
The Princess Bride. We all know it. (some of us by heart.... every line) From start to Finish they'll never make a movie this well again.
Space Camp. I wanted to go so bad after watching this movie and when I finally got to Huntsville.. I was crushed. No talking driods, no space cadet uniforms and no flying in a NASA space shuttle. RATS!! 
If you haven't seen this movie before, please do. It's the most un-original 80's ending ever. Menaing, nothing ends up going well for our hero. He doesn't get the girl, win the big game or save the day. The put a small twist at the end to give it a "Happy Ending" but overall, kinda sad.
"What is this?" You ask? Why it's Condorman of course!!! What a great 80's moive!! But did anybody see it? I doubt.
You knew this one was coming didn't you? Neverending Story is the "end all to be all" for 80's movies. No movie had quite an impact on me as a child than this one did. In fact, I need to add this to my DVD collection now that I think about it! What kid would not have peed himself over finding a copy of that book at their local library. I don't know. Good movie... no wait... GREAT MOVIE!!

Honorable Mentions: Too many to name.

Please don't mention: Molly Ringwald movies. Yes they were good but I was never a fan. 

Megan Mentions: Dirty Dancing. Because NO ONE puts baby in a corner!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

DUDE! I swear sometimes you are ripping stuff out of my brain. I didn't think anyone else had seen/remembered Condorman. Of course, I barely remember it myself, but I do recall renting it several times.

Bray & Kajsa Wilkins said...

Matt-
Believe it or not, Condorman was one of my favorite movies as a kid-I even had a car with bird/flame/wings on it that I pretended was Condorman's 'car.'
You should be glad I'm your sister-in-law...I fit right in, don't I?:)
-Kajsa