Monday, May 04, 2009

Best 80's Flicks!

Ok, I'm going to start this one off by saying there is NO WAY I'll be able to name every great film from this decade because there were WAY too many to name. I won't be mentioning any movies I've made reference to in the past but that still doesn't shorten the list so... starting with Short Circuit.... here we go!
Back to the Future. I recently just watched these last year and I still gotta say they did a great job with the story. Who DIDN'T want this car when the movie came out? I even thought as a kid that this was the car of the future! (Isn't it just a little wierd that Christopher Loyld hasn't aged A DAY since this movie?!)
Laberyth. Another awesome classic. (and the only time we enjoy David Bowie on screen) This movie has so many quotes, I don't know which one to leave off with! Hmmm... how bout a line from a song "...your eyes can be so cruel...."
Just looking at this picture makes you want to see it again doesn't it? Flight of the Navigator had you wishing you had your own space ship to fly around in yourself! Great flick!
Ah yes, last but not least it's Mr Bueller saving the day. I kid you not.... I saw this movie as many times as I had star wars as a kid. Of course Star Wars viewings have far exceeded it now but I wouldn't mind popping this classic back in for another run. This was one of the first movies I got on DVD when it came out.

Be back tomorrow with more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, David Bowie had an awesome role in The Prestige as Tesla. Also, a hilarious cameo in Zoolander.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

True on Zoolander. I'd forgotten about that one.

Anonymous said...

He was better in The Prestige. Most people don't even realize that was him. Do yourself a favor and rent that one again, and let your mind be blown by my boy Chris Nolan (aka The Dark Knight).

-Melton