Saturday, August 12, 2006

How's Saturday sound?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I missed a post yesterday. The reason was I didn't have enough time to post something that morning and has to just leave it be. And as Friday's go for me I didn't really have time to make one later that afternoon.

The post I'll make today will be a little long but it's going to answer a few questions I keep getting e-mailed over and over again. I know it's not from the same person so I don't blame you it's just that I get tired of telling the same story over and over again. So today, we're going to address some of the most popular questions.... about comics.

1)Why the name "Cardco"?

Cardco was actually my favorite comic book and card shop ever, when I was a kid. When it closed down on Oct 31 1993 (sniff,sniff~trembling lip~) my brother Jeremy, my friend Patrick and I all decided to draw a comic book in it's honor, depicting it's "death".

Jeremy's was going to be a 3-part story but he quit after making the first two. (ggrrrr, now I'll never know what happened!) Pat was only going to do just one book but he stopped halfway thru with it when his dog died. He was the best artist (and still is) of us all so his was looking WAY good until he quit.

Well, as you know, my art sucks. It's like the evolution of a "stickman" theory and everybody knew that. So what I had to come up with was a series of jokes that would keep peoples interest up. I remember starting on my first series titled: CARDCO and put 13 issues out before retiring. I remember during the time I was drawing it if I was even going to finish!

But after it was done everybody had a good laugh and enjoyed it..... so I made another.... and it went on from there.

The only reason I ever kept making them was because people kept asking for them. I never made one just for myself. Several times you'd see (in a comic book I made)where I would announce this would be my last, but it never was.

2) How many comic books have you made?

Over 400 now and still counting. My friends in Phoenix just received there's and I'm actually making another more now. I don't know how many I'll end up making but as long as people are still demanding them, I'll still draw it.

3) Can I draw a comic book with you?

Ok, so no one's really asked me that one, I just wanted to say that I do enjoy the occasional "crossover" writing with someone else. So if you'd like I'd gladly like to work with you. I've had a few people over the years draw stuff for me and I've kept them all. I love it! It's just as fun for me as it is for you when I receive comic.

Supposedly one of the artist who helped in the movie "Titan A.E." has challenged me to a comic book duel! And Tony, if you're reading this... bring it punk! Though I doubt you'll be good enough for my comic genius!

Ok folks, thanks for not being too upset about yesterdays "lack of post" and I hope this'll tide you over till Monday.

C-ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh trust me, Tony is the least of your worries. If Renee (aka "Rocky") gets her way I'll be drawing a comic on her behalf. I worked on Titan too y'know. I dare say I was way better than Tony. (actually, it's rather easy to say). In fact I still need to go over there to see issue number 3.

-Steve

kidcardco said...

#3 is the best I think. So her real name is Renee eh? Thaaaaat's good to know. Hey, when are we doing OUR team-up? Call me.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on now, I like to see the real pictures of you!!! You shouldn't hate me for that. I still miss hearing your voice.

Anonymous said...

What!?! you really don't think he has the same sex appeal in his comics? oh come on now give the guy a little credit.