Sunday, May 11, 2014

Just when you think you're done...

Man! Just when I thought I had it all.
 
The Star Wars EU is an immense storyline that always surprises me how big it is. Yet again, in my search to collect it all I've stumbled upon a million gems I never knew about.

So the old "Star Wars" comic title came out shortly after the release of Episode 1 and featured a Jedi Knight from the film. I got the comics but what I didn't realize is they made an Issue #0 that was only released online.

Thankfully it's still up on the author's website and I was able to download it and print it out from there.

Also, my friend Bruce let me know about 2 others exclusive online Issue #0 were made for Mara Jade: Hand of the Emperor and Crimson Empire. Both are easily obtained in the tpb's of the comics so I won't have any trouble obtaining them.

I also discovered that Dark Horse's omnibus Wild Space 2 does indeed carry 2 un-reprinted, hard-to-find comics that I need for my collection, so even though I have every other comic in that omnibus, it looks like I'll have to buy it for those 2 at least. Yet again, this is another easy find.

But you know me, I had to keep digging for extra jewels! That's when I came across the 1979 comic strips that were exclusively put out by the LA Times and have NEVER been reprinted! I got them all thanks to a blog I found, while surfing the net for the complete collection.

Really proud of that one.

Yet there's still more.

While reviewing my collection I noticed I had a few DK Reader books that count as EU and wondered if I had a complete set. Upon my investigation I discovered 2 DK Reader books  I didn't have that do qualify as EU stories so I'm getting them both from Amazon, cheap.

Also while examining my collection I did another search for the old "play and read-a-long books from the 80's and made a startling revelation when I found out one of the books I'd always passed up (thinking it to be a remake of the old Star Wars Marvel comics) was actually a story on it'd own. So I'm snagging a copy of it as well in my Amazon order.

Finally tonight while I was putting my Star Wars magazine stories in chronological order (I'm such a nerd, I know) I discovered 2 issues I'm somehow missing! One was a special edition I'd failed to pick up because it doesn't come with a subscription, and the 2nd was one I must have missed while renewing my membership.

Regardless, I was much relived to find out both issues sell on eBay for relatively cheap and won't set me back that much at all, so I'm getting both from there.

Whew!

Now after all this comes in can I finally say that I have it all?

To my knowledge, there's nothing else I haven't checked so I would say "Yes" but I'm been wrong in the past so I guess only time will tell.

No comments: